Cosmetics & Bodycare

“It’s a Game Changer” Says Stella McCartney On Her New Conscious Beauty Brand STELLA

ClosePlease loginn
See all bookmarks
BookmarkWant to save and revisit your favorite articles? Upgrade to vegconomist+ and unlock our new bookmark feature. Subscribe today and enjoy a wide range of exclusive perks to gain a competitive edge in the vegan business world!

Stella McCartney has teamed up with the LVMH beauty division to develop the ‘conscious luxury’ beauty brand STELLA by Stella McCartney, marking the third big announcement from the ethically minded fashion designer this year.

“It’s a game changer and I want to share it with everyone.” – Stella McCartney

A $200 million sustainability fund was launched earlier this month as a result of a collaboration between Stella McCartney and the venture capital firm Collaborative Fund.

The sustainability-focused designer also recently collaborated with Bolt Threads — the first company that received investment from the sustainability fund — to develop the first commercially available luxury bag made from mushroom leather.

stella mccartney stella beauty line

Stella X LVMH

LVMH is a French luxury company that owns several high fashion labels, including Givenchy, Louis Vuitton, and Christian Dior. The successful collaboration with LVMH started in 2019 when the fashion powerhouse announced a tie-up with Stella McCartney.

Stella McCartney is now preparing for the launch of the STELLA beauty brand in collaboration with the LVMH beauty division. The line is claimed to draw inspiration from nature while minimising its environmental impact. The brand will make its debut in September through the Stella McCartney Beauty website and will further be available through a selection of UK retailers and boutiques including the Stella McCartney UK flagship store on Old Bond Street from early September and Space NK from mid-September.

Stella McCartney mylo
© Stella McCartney

Three eco-friendly products are part of the line: Reset Cleanser ($60), Alter-Care Serum ($140), and Restore Cream ($105). All the items are silicone-free, vegan, cruelty-free, and refillable. According to the firm, the composition is made up of 99% natural ingredients, with “the remaining less than 1% synthetic substances being there to protect the products integrity over time,” according to the company.

“I believe the consumer needs to know there’s another way, that they have a choice.”

“We set out with an idea, and because we didn’t want to compromise – on outstanding results, the origin of our ingredients, and, of course, ensuring we minimised our impact on Mother Earth – we kept on trying.  We worked hard for almost three years with LVMH constantly evolving and aiming for what I felt was possible: rooted in nature, truly effective and responsible skincare. It’s a game changer and I want to share it with everyone. I believe the consumer needs to know there’s another way, that they have a choice.”  said Stella McCartney.

ClosePlease loginn
See all bookmarks