Zappos.com has introduced its Goods for Good platform, which allows customers to shop over 150 brands of eco and socially-conscious brands. This new purpose-driven experience allows its customers to support their favorite causes while making online purchases.
The new platform navigates customers to products made by companies that are dedicated to charitable initiatives, sustainability, and vegan lifestyles. It offers online shoppers a curated experience while highlighting featured brands’ individual stories and purposes. It makes it easier for customers to shop for brands that give back to communities or promote sustainable practices.
Featured products in the Goods for Good experience are available in the following categories:
- Vegan products that contain no animal parts or components.
- Give Back products that have community impact that include making donations based on product sales or spearheading community activism.
- Sustainably certified products that have been qualified by a third-party organization for environmental or socioeconomic impact.
- Organic products composed of organic cotton and materials with a lower environmental impact.
- Recycled materials composed of recycled items such as water bottles.
“We know for our customers every purchase matters, and they’re passionate about investing in products that contribute to a greater good,” said Steven Bautista, Head of Charitable Giving, Zappos. “We want to ensure the best service and shopping experience possible, so we’ve made it fast and easy for them to view all relevant products at once and learn about each brand’s purpose.”
Zappos.com, a subsidiary of Amazon.com, was established in 1999 and is a leading online retailer specializing in shoes and clothing. Zappos says it offers a 365-day return policy, fast/free shipping, and 24/7 customer service.