Eclipse Foods, creator of the first 100% plant-based dairy products that are indistinguishable from conventional dairy, recently announced the launch of its new chef-created exclusive plant-based ice cream flavors. The notable US chefs range from Michelin-rated to rising-star talents with 100% of the proceeds going to charity.
For the first time, Eclipse now offers its chef-created and signature flavors online available through nationwide shipping. The signature flavors include vanilla, chocolate, and cookie butter for $11.99 a pint. And the first round of chef custom flavors is available for $17.99 a pint. Additionally, Eclipse milkshakes, soft serve, and ice cream base are available at ice cream shops, fine dining, neighborhood restaurants, fast-casual establishments, food trucks, and more across the country.
The first round of chefs include:
- Greg Baxtrom of Olmsted and Maison Yaki restaurants offer Blackberry tarragon ice cream to benefit Olmsted’s food bank in Brooklyn, NY.
- Moonlynn Tsai, co-owner of Kopitiam and chef of Heart of Dinner, offers Honey Phoenix Oolong milk tea ice cream to benefit Heart of Dinner, an initiative to work against stigma and discrimination towards people of Asian descent. Its current efforts focus on providing food relief to the most vulnerable people in and near New York City’s Chinatown.
- Trigg Brown of Win Son offers Sweet potato and salty black sugar caramel ice cream with proceeds benefiting Street Soccer USA. Its efforts use sports to improve the health, education, and employment outcomes for America’s most disadvantaged.
- Joanne Chang of Flour Bakery offers Sticky sticky bun ice cream with proceeds benefiting Flour Bakery’s Feed a Bostonian in Need program.
- Nicole Krasinski of State Bird Provisions and The Progress offers Toasted almond thyme ice cream with proceeds benefiting Black Earth Farms, a grassroots Pan African and Pan Indigenous Farming Collective growing food in the San Francisco Bay Area’s East Bay.
Each month throughout the summer and early fall, Eclipse will launch a new round of limited edition chef collaboration flavors, with up-and-coming chefs including Chef JJ of Fieldtrip, Michael Tusk and Jennifer Felton of Cotogna in San Francisco; Maya-Camille Broussard from Justice of the Pies in Chicago; Heather Sperling of Botanica in LA; Abra Berens of Granor Farm in Three Oaks, Michigan; Carolina Santos-Neves of American Bar in NYC; Leah Cohen from Pig & Khao in NYC; Taka Sakaeda, Jihan Lee, and Lisa Limb of Nami Nori in NYC; Sam Smith of Tusk in Portland; Tom Naumsuwan of Wayla in NYC; Ken Oringer and Jamie Bissonnette of Coppa, Toro and Little Donkey in Boston; Ben Daitz of Num Pang in NYC; Michael Zaro from Zaro’s Family Bakery in NYC; Suzanne Cupps of 232 Bleecker in NYC; and others.