This week we reported that the market for vegan egg products is significantly rising. JUST Egg is the prominent market player, and today reports to vegconomist that at a top retailer, JUST Egg sales are better than nearly half of all shelled eggs. As of this October, JUST has sold the plant-based equivalent of 15 million chicken eggs.
The leading vegan egg product reports significant gr owth in its first year, and is now available at 20 of the largest 23 retailers in the US. Just Egg tells us that the product is expected to be in more than 7,000 grocery stores nationwide, including chains like Whole Foods, Safeway and Walmart, by the end of 2019. This time last year, it was in fewer than 500.
JUST Egg offers clean, sustainable plant protein, and scrambles and tastes like eggs. JUST Egg is cholesterol-free, egg-free, dairy-free and non-GMO, and its ingredients require less water and emit fewer carbon emissions.
- At a top 5 national retailer, JUST Egg sales are better than nearly half of all shelled eggs.
- JUST Egg outsold 29 of 60 egg SKUs at a top 3 retailer nationwide
- The #1 liquid egg in the Natural Channel is now made from plants, not chickens (SPINS).
- JUST Egg has 44% share and has reinvigorated the category, which is now growing at 34%, vs shrinking -23% prior to our launch (SPINS).
- In consumer surveys, 77% of those choosing JUST Egg are meat eaters; 21% do not eat animal products; and 57% plan to eat more plant-based proteins in the next year.
- JUST Egg uses 98% less water; emits 93% less CO2; and uses 86% less land than conventional animal sources.
- As of this October, JUST has sold the plant-based equivalent of 15 million chicken eggs, saving 452 million gallons of water; 2.19 million kg of CO2; and 3.59 million
square meters of land.