Wicked Kitchen has announced the opening of an entirely plant-based concession stand in collaboration with basketball team the Minnesota Timberwolves.
The stand will open at the Target Center in the Timberwolves’ home court of Minneapolis, which is also the city where Wicked is headquartered. This will be the first time the brand has served sports teams and fans.
The menu includes:
- Grilled Chorizo Brat – bratwurst with spicy harissa mayo, sautéed peppers, and onions, topped with shaved lettuce on a sub roll.
- Jalapeño Gouda Burger – jalapeño patty, melted vegan gouda cheese, lettuce, vine-ripened tomato, and sliced onion, topped with Wicked burger sauce.
- Meatball Sub – Italian seasoned meatballs in Wicked’s popular Nana’s red sauce, topped with vegan parmesan on a garlic-butter sub roll.
Ice Cream Novelties
- Berry White Stick – vanilla ice cream with raspberry swirl dipped in vegan white chocolate.
- Chocolate & Almond Stick – vanilla ice cream with toasted almond dipped in vegan milk chocolate.
- Chocolate & Red Berry Cone – chocolate ice cream, red berry sauce, and chocolate chips in a gluten-free cone.
Wicked’s products will also be served in the Target Center’s Club Level and VIP Lounge. Additionally, Wicked will operate a dedicated ice cream stand at the venue, serving its innovative lupin-based frozen desserts.
Wicked Kitchen in the US
After starting out in the UK, Wicked Kitchen entered the US last year with the country’s largest plant-based brand launch in grocery history. Since then, the company has continued to launch new products across thousands of major supermarkets.
“It’s an honor to provide our hometown team with a Wicked experience that fans will love and crave,” said Pete Speranza, CEO of Wicked Kitchen. “We know our foods will quickly be fan favorites and on par with the amazing team this year. More and more players are moving to eating plant-based, and we want to give the fans the same opportunity.”