Global plant-based brand Wicked Kitchen announces it is expanding its US grocery range with several varieties of heat-and-eat stews, mac ‘n cheeze and an all-new Birthday Cake ice cream pint. The company will be sampling its latest offerings at the upcoming Expo West in Anaheim, CA.
“Our most popular ice cream flavor in the UK, Birthday Cake, is sure to take the US by storm”
According to Wicked, it is expanding its lineup during a time of “high growth” for the brand, as it continues to rapidly increase nationwide retail distribution points. The new ice cream, stews and mac & cheezes add to the 50+ products Wicked already sells in the frozen and grocery categories.
The latest offerings include:
Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- Sweet “ice dream” with vegan cake pieces and rainbow sprinkles.
Heat & Serve Stews
- Tuscan Style White Bean Stew – A chef-crafted stew with butter beans, cannellini beans, and navy beans simmered in a savory broth with tomatoes, leeks, fennel seed, and oregano.
- Bourguignon – A hearty French stew with the flavors of mushrooms, fried onions, and chickpeas simmered in red wine sauce.
- Sweet Potato & Three Bean Chili – A Texas-style chili with 3 kinds of beans, sweet potatoes, and rice simmered in a spiced tomato sauce.
Mac & Cheeze
- This is NACHO Mac & Cheeze – With a creamy, Mexican-inspired plant-based nacho cheezy sauce.
- BBQ King Mac & Cheeze – A smoky BBQ mac made with a creamy plant-based cheezy sauce.
- Smoky Bac-no Mac & Cheeze – A smoky, saucy macaroni with vegan bacon.
These products follow the launch of artisan pizzas and frozen meals the company rolled out in the US last fall.
“Already trending on Amazon”
“Wicked is on a mission to make sure consumers don’t have to sacrifice taste or convenience when looking for plant-based meals, whether they are looking for a quick bite or a decadent dessert,” said Pete Speranza, CEO of Wicked Kitchen.
“Our most popular ice cream flavor in the UK, Birthday Cake, is sure to take the US by storm and the new soups and stews are already trending on Amazon after our soft launch,” Speranza adds. “We are relentless in our goal to provide more convenient and delicious animal-free options in every food aisle of the grocery store that are veg-forward, full of flavor and meant to be enjoyed by all.”
Sports arenas and more
2022 was a banner year for Wicked, which reportedly triped its YOY sales growth and raised $20M from investors, including actor Woody Harrelson, to fuel its expansion into retail and food service.
Shortly thereafter, the company opened a groundbreaking 100% plant-based concession stand at the Target Center in Minneapolis, then entered a multi-year partnership with entertainment leader ASM Global to provide more vegan food options across ASM’s network of live venues. Wicked also launched its products into Finland and Thailand last year.
The company will be presenting its new lineup at this year’s Expo West.
“Wicked is super excited to launch even more products to add to our 50+ product line up in the US,” shares Speranza. “We invite Expo West attendees to come by to check out the variety we offer, and for shoppers to check us out at Kroger, Sprouts or in regional grocers.”
He continued, “Expo West is a great place to share what’s coming to the marketplace, especially since more and more retailers and distributors are looking for the very best plant-based options to satisfy the growing demand in the US and elsewhere.”
Expo attendees can sample Wicked’s new products at its food truck in the Grand Plaza, as well as booth #383 in Hall A.