With more people cooking at home due to the pandemic, Conagra Brands, Inc, announces the launch of several new plant-based meals and snacks. The vegan-friendly Birds Eye,® Marie Callender’s, Healthy Choice, EVOL, and Gardein products are scheduled to hit the store shelves this summer.
According to Conagra’s press release, plant-based products continue to rise in popularity for not only vegetarians and vegans but also the growing flexitarian population. Now nearly 40% of Americans are attempting to incorporate more plant-based options into their diets. In response to consumer demand, the new items include:
- Birds Eye Meatless Lasagna with Gardein Plant-Based Protein: made with Gardein B’ef and pasta made from vegetables
- Birds Eye Skillets with Gardein Plant-Based Protein: available in two flavors, Garlic Chick’n and Alfredo Chick’n
- Healthy Choice Power Bowls with Gardein Plant-Based Protein: offered in two flavors, Be’f & Vegetable Stir Fry, and Chipotle Chick’n
- Gardein Ultimate Plant-Based Jerky: available in three flavors, Original, Teriyaki and Hot & Spicy
- Gardein Plant-Based Soups: available in five plant-based meat flavors, Chick’n Noodl’, Be’f & Vegetable, Saus’ge Gumbo, Chick’n & Rice, and Minestrone & Saus’ge
- Marie Callender’s Pot Pies with Gardein Plant-Based Protein: available in two flavors, Chick’n and Be’f
- EVOL Modern Lifestyle Bowls with Paleo-friendly options: available in Plant-based Butternut Squash Curry and Plant-based Veggie Burrito flavors.
- Healthy Choice Power Bowls Whole EARTH BOWLS: offered in a vegan Green Goddess and vegetarian Buddha Bowl
Over the next few months, Conagra Brands’ plant-based roster will include single-serve ramen, veggie appetizers, Baked Sides, and Cauliflower Wings from Birds Eye, and more.